Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Paper Sweeties Challenge - August 2017 Anything Goes!

Hello there!
August 1st, already!?! 
I can't believe how fast the summer months move!!!
Time to kick off the month with a new challenge from Paper Sweeties...
and they are also celebrating 5 years of Sweeties fun!!!
Isn't this beautiful!!! Come play along with us!!!

I created two cards for this fun event...
 and giving you a sneak peak at the August Release later this month! For this card I used a mix of old and new Paper Sweeties stamps and dies.  The cake is from the set Party Time . I did a little masking, inked, stamped than die cut the cake. I stamped a second time, than fussy cut the flowers to add demension to the cake.
I stamped all the images with black ink from Memento than colored them with Copic Markers. I used colors RV63, RV66, BG10, BG32.  I placed the cake on a cake stand from the set Eat Cake, the same masking, stamping and die cutting apply here. I colored the stand using the same colors. I embellished the cake with some Nuvo Drops. I added white accents with a gel pen.
The frame is from Sweet Cuts Rectangle Scallop Frames. The sentiment is part of the August Release...coming soon!!! I watercolored the background with washi tape and seedless grapes distress ink. The flower sequins can be found in the Sweeties Shop.

For my next card I used a new stamp set and die Debbie is offering as a thank you for purchasing Paper Sweeties products this month!!!
The anniversary stamp and coordinating die will be available to those who spend $25 (only the stamp) and $50 (both stamp and die)...get yours while they are available!!!!


I am totally in love with this stamp set!!!!  Look at those pretty flowers in the basket...so much fun to color!!!! I used the same color scheme as above, RV63, RV66, G05, G12, E70, E71, E74.
I added the Sweet Cuts Circle Scallop Frame and some more sequins found in the Sweeties Shop. I used a left over strip of watercolored paper from the card above and stamped the sentiment. I added some accents with a gel pen.

Happy 5th birthday Paper Sweeties!!!!! 
I am so honored to say I have been tagging along for last five years and enjoying every minute and every stamp and die!!!! Thank you Debbie!!!

Come hop along with us...

Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties

I am playing along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, anything goes

and Just Us Girls Challenge... a mix of old and new stamps

Thanks for stopping by for a peek!!!

Michelle

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these! LOVING those soft colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle! Such pretty pastel colors :D

Maria said...

Gorgeous card with the yummy cake and pretty scallop frame! Awesome second card, too...very pretty with great design!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you've framed the sweet images on both of these! Darling cards!!

debby4000 said...

Love both of your beautiful cards.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Kim Heggins said...

So cute...love all those sweet colors.

Nancy said...

Love the soft color pallet Michelle! On your first card....Your fussy cutting is perfection. Love the way your framed the cake too! The second card, the way you balanced it out with your confetti of hearts and dots was a great idea. The vertical striped paper grounds that little basket perfectly! Thanks for being in our gallery at Just Us Girls. We hope to see you again soon!